Eighty20 and Tritech Media (formerly Value+Nettwork) recently released the results of the pilot Loyalty Programme Member Engagement Survey 2015. The survey was launched to explore how members experience and perceive loyalty programmes in South Africa, including key questions such as:
- How many programmes are people registered for? What are the most popular programmes?
- How engaged are members? What drives this engagement?
- What are the reasons for low levels of engagement?
- What influence, if any, do programmes have on their behaviour?
- How do members perceive programme tiering?
- Are programmes using data effectively to customise and personalise rewards?
In total 750 respondents completed the online survey between March- April 2015. The survey findings, while not necessarily representative of all loyalty programme members, provide the best available data for understanding how members perceive loyalty programmes. The findings also serve to highlight an interesting divide between what loyalty programme owners say they are doing – as published in the South Africa Loyalty and Rewards Survey 2014 – and how their members perceive their actions.
High level findings of the survey are summarised in the report available for download below.